First meeting of the CCTT Working group on Harmonization of international transport law (CCTT WG HITL)
On September 11, 2018, the first meeting of the Working group on Harmonization of international transport law was held in Moscow under the chairmanship of Lyudmila Renne, head of the CCTT Working group, deputy head of the Department of foreign projects and international cooperation of Russian Railways JSC.
During the event, the participants of the meeting presented proposals for updating international treaties and agreements governing international rail freight transport in the following areas:
• Extension of the geographical application of the CIM/SMGS consignment note by extending the scope of its action on transit transport from/to Finland, the countries of Central Asia (Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan), as well as continuing to work with the Chinese Railways and Chinese shippers, aimed at increasing the number of routes in the direction China – Europe with the design of the CIM/SMGS consignment note.
• Establishment of a regulatory framework for international multimodal transport.
• Establishment of a regulatory framework for international rail container and piggyback transport.
• Consideration of the possibility of introducing amendments to OSJD regulations related to the procedure for crossing the borders of wagons (containers) with electronic filling devices installed on them.
• Further improvement of the automatic information system of electronic interaction with customs authorities, which allows the exchange of electronic data and documents with the unified automated information system of the FCS in the Commission of customs operations with export and import goods, and the transfer to electronic form of customs operations related to the completion of customs transit, as well as the implementation of transit declaration in automatic mode.
As a result of the discussions, the participants agreed on the draft work plan of the WG on the harmonization of international transport law for 2018-2019, which will be presented to the participants of the 27th CCTT Plenary session (October 3-4, 2018, Sochi).