CCTT WG on increasing the competitiveness of ITC East – West
The CCTT WG on improving the competitiveness of the ITC East – West was established as a result of the 28th Plenary Meeting of the International coordinating Council on Trans-Eurasian Transportation (CCTT), which was held on September 19-20, 2019 in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan.
Within the framework of the CCTT WG on improving the competitiveness of the ITC East – West, is being held the organization of cargo transportation via the Trans-Siberian railway in container trains, as well as work of increasing the commercial attractiveness of cargo transportation in large-capacity containers in international traffic by:
- Increasing the speed of container trains in China-Europe-China;
- Taking additional measures to ensure loading of platforms in the West-East direction;
- Organization of interaction between transport and logistics companies in the issue of forming a "transparent" competitive through rate for the transportation of goods in containers in the Euro-Asian traffic;
- Ensuring information interaction between "road-port" and "port-road" between JSC "Russian Railways" and operators of sea terminals.
The main activities of the CCTT Working group on improving the competitiveness of the ITC East – West:
- Ensuring the efficiency and commercial attractiveness of transit and import-export cargo transportation along Trans-Eurasian routes;
- Assistance in the development of cargo transportation in refrigerated containers in international traffic;
- Promoting the development of multimodal and intermodal cargo transportation. Attracting customers to use alternative routes for Trans-Eurasian transport using different types of transport;
- Ensuring the safety of cargo transported by container trains in international traffic;
- Marketing promotion of transport and logistics products and promotion of container services East-West-East;
- Forecast of trends in the development of Trans-Eurasian routes: research, analytics.